Arlene R. Schuler
The health care, high technology, petroleum distribution and media industries turn to Arlene Schuler’s solid business and transactional practice for a variety of legal issues. With more than 20 years of experience, clients value the high quality work and personal integrity Arlene brings to resolving both immediate and long-term business concerns.
Representative Clients, Projects and Industry Experience
- Acquisitions and sales of businesses
- Business financing
- Contract negotiation and drafting
- IP and technology licensing agreements
- Trademark and copyright advice and registration
- Employment contracts and advice
- Commercial real estate transactions including purchases and sales of commercial properties, financing, commercial leases, 1031 exchanges, environmental issues
- Cell phone and radio tower leases
- Formation of entities, including preparation of operating agreements and shareholder agreements, and entity governance
- Outside general counsel and day-to-day legal management
- Representation in connection with petroleum terminal, distributor and jobber agreements and Petroleum Marketing Practices Act
- Representation in connection with the purchase and sale of radio stations, tower leases, and related issues.
- Representation of physicians and medical practices in a variety of business and legal issues.
- Representation of the seller of a manufacturing business.
- Representation of the purchaser in buying a wine store.
- Representation of the purchaser of supply contracts from a major international petroleum company ($35 million portion of a $300 million transaction).
- Representation of multiple borrowers in bank financings, including several over $100 million in borrowings.
- Representation of purchaser of pharmaceutical distribution company and private equity financing.
- Representation of a medical practice in negotiating the build/lease of 17,000+ square foot building.
- Representation of a non-profit in connection with the sale and leasing of several urban properties with significant environmental issues.
- Representation of petroleum jobber in multiple secured financings to petroleum dealers.
- Preparation and registration of trademark and license agreements for major medical institutions.
- Representation of a creditor in connection with a bankruptcy preference matter.
Arlene’s practice at Archstone Law Group continues the practice she developed as a principal in Van Wert, Zimmer & Conlin, P.C. Prior to that, she worked with the Newton firm of Mofenson & Nicoletti and the Boston firms of Choate, Hall & Stewart and Goldstein & Manello.
Arlene earned her J.D. cum laude from Boston University School of Law and her B.A. from Smith College. Arlene also served for several years as a Staff Attorney for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. In addition to serving on the boards of MEDA, Inc. and Lincoln School in Providence, Arlene enjoys riding her horse whenever she can find the time!